There are times where you'd just like to quickly know what's going on in your CDS instance in 'real time' without filling up your Plugin Trace Log.
Here is a neat way of enabling logging using webhooks:
- Goto Webhook.site (or alternative) and copy your webhooks URL:
- Open the Plugin Registration Tool and select Register -> Register New WebHook
- Enter a name (it doesn't matter what it is) and paste in the Endpoint URL you copied in step 1.
- Register Steps on the messages you are interested (e.g. Retrieve, RetrieveMultiple, etc.) you can even put in filtering entities and attributes if you are interested in specific cases.
- Use your CDS instance and watch the messages show in more or less real time!
- When you are finished, you can simply disable the steps or delete the webhook.
Hope this helps! 🚀